child of GOD
Blxst (Ft. Remble)
Yo, Blxst, I’ma need that new album from you…
Blxst’s music does something to my soul. No kizzy, I usually leave his songs feeling like I just finished church service. With that being said, Blxst’s new single, “child of GOD,” will make you say “AMEN” repeatedly.
In “child of GOD,” Blxst talks about being a prophet, defeating odds, and being outside just as much as Jadakiss. As for Remble, he talks about being from the gutter and indulging in GOD’s blessings. Though 85% of the song’s production has strong gospel elements (The other 15% is on some Detroit-styled s**t), there’s nothing about either Blxst’s style of singing or Remble’s style of rapping that feels church-ish. As a matter of fact, the former sounds as trill as he’s ever sounded, while the latter sounds like a part-time professor that teaches rap at Harvard.
Blxst, you did it again!
Quincy is the creator of Ratings Game Music. He loves writing about music, taking long walks on beaches, and spaghetti that fights him back.